Water Conservation Restrictions
The State of California adopted an emergency regulation for water conservation, that small water suppliers are mandated to follow. The emergency regulation prohibits the following:
- No outdoor watering between 9am - 6pm.
- No water should flow off of your property.
- No water should leak from any pipe or fixture.
- No watering within 48 hours after a measurable rain event.
- No hosing of driveway or sidewalk.
- No washing of vehicles using a hose without a self-closing nozzle.
The following rules are being implemented as well to monitor outdoor usage of water. Outdoor irrigation for landscape/garden is restricted to two days per week:
- Addresses ending in even numbers may water responsibly on: Monday and Thursday
- Addresses ending in odd numbers may water responsibly on: Tuesday and Friday
If you receive a warning notice, there will be no fine for the first one. Second warning/notices will have a fine of $25.00 added to your bill. Third and up will have a fine of $50.00 and up.
Water Conservation Tips:
- Identify water leaks and fix immediately.
- Reduce shower time by 5 minutes.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes.
- Turn off water while brushing teeth.
- Wash vehicles at a car wash.
If everyone as a community does their part, we will not have to go into another stage, which will require adding Tiers and higher water rates.
Tri-City Mutual Water Flyers
Tri-City Mutual Water English/Spanish Flyer