Maywood Mutual Water Company #2
Water Conservation Restrictions
- To comply with the new adopted emergency regulations to reduce water demand and improve water conservation we have set these new rules for all our customers.
- Residents with street addresses ending in odd numbers may water only on Mondays and Fridays, while customers with even numbers may water only on Thursdays and Sundays.
- All outdoor watering is prohibited from 7 am. to 6 pm. no outdoor watering while raining or within 48 hours of measurable rain.
- Watering with sprinklers is limited to one cycle of up to eight minutes per watering day for typical, non-conserving residential nozzle sprinkler systems or 15-minute cycles per watering day for conserving nozzle sprinkler systems.
- However, hand watering with a self-closing shut-off nozzle on the hose is allowed any day of the week before 7 am. or after 6 pm.
- No use of decorative water fountains or ponds unless re-circulation water is utilized.
Car wash with a bucket of water and an automatic shut off nozzle on the hose. Hotels and Motels must offer the option of not laundering linens and towels.
Maywood Mutual Water Company #2 also requires that all leaks are repaired in a timely manner and there is no runoff onto streets, driveways, and gutters.
Residents also should not be watering sidewalks, walkways, driveways, or parking areas, use a broom instead.
- First offenses are given a "warning" in the form of water conservation tips and printed
educational material to raise customer awareness. Subsequent verified violations may result in fines that range from $200 to $1200. No monetary citation is given without prior warning.