- City Government
- Community Services
- Annual Youth Scholarship Program
Annual Youth Scholarship Program
The City Council has authorized 10 scholarships in a n amount of $700 for youth residents who will be entering their first year in a community college/vocational/technical school or apprenticeship program. Awards will be based on the completion of the application plus submittal of all required documents.
This fiscal year (July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022) the City has awarded two (2) scholarships; eight (8) are remaining.
Please submit your application to City Hall no later than Monday, June 27, 2022, by 4:30 p.m. Please remember City Hall is closed from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
Scholarship Application can be picked up at City Hall or Downloaded and emailed to Claudia Zavala, Community Services Liaison.
- Applicant must live in Maywood, CA at the time they submit application.
- Applicant must be between the age of 17 - 24 years old.
- Applicant must show proof of residency through drivers license or CA identification card.
- Applicant must be entering their first year in a Community College/Vocational/Technical school or Apprenticeship program.
Application Submission Documents
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of registration at a Community College/Vocational/Technical school or Apprenticeship program.
- List of required course materials, books, registration fees or fro apprenticeship programs, required tools, uniforms, or other materials.
- Brief typed explanation (maximum 500 words) as to why you have chosen your Community College/Vocational/Technical school or Apprenticeship program.
Please remember to attach all documents to application and drop off at City Hall or email to Claudia Zavala, Community Services Liaison. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
If you have any question please call 323-562-5722.
Community ServicesPhysical Address
4319 East Slauson Avenue
Maywood, CA 90270
4319 East Slauson Avenue Maywood CA 90270
Claudia ZavalaCommunity Services LiaisonPhone: 323-562-5722